Quick Linker

18.1.11

Shoo flu, don't bother me!

Doesn't it just suck when you are stuck indoors with the flu or a cold? Doesn't it suck even more when you are sick with the flu or a cold and have a baby or toddler to take care of, but haven't the strength to do it because you are sick and really need someone to take care of YOU instead? And how much more does it suck when said baby or toddler catches the flu or cold from you whilst you are doing your utmost to take care of him/her in your feeble state?

Yeah, well the above pretty much sums up what the past two weeks were like for us... and boy, those two weeks sure sucked and big time! Poor little princess caught the flu from me and we were both sickies and feeling yucky! Talk about taking a trip to guilt town!! I swear, nothing feels worse to me then when the fact that little chick is sick is my own fault!

Drowned in my own guilt, and in an effort to make my princess feel all better, I did some googling and came across this link for some med-free home remedies:
parentsconnect.com/parenting-tips/home-remedies-for-the-common-cold.jhtml

Oh yes, I know the title says remedies for the common cold, but the remedies are just as good with the flu (tested and proven!) These home remedies basically ease the symptoms associated with a cold or the flu in a totally natural way. That said, you may still  need to visit your doctor especially if kiddo has a fever.

Another interesting link is the following.  Read what Dr Sears has to say about boosting your child's immune system here:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042500.asp

On a more positive note, we are all better now and here is a little photo to prove it:


I wish you all good health! Keep well!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment